Live, study and play in Vancouver
Consistently ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world, Vancouver is an ideal city to live, work and learn.
Ready to begin your journey as hair stylist in one of the most exciting cities in the world?
Welcome to Ray Hair Arts Academy
Since 1991, Ray Hair Arts Academy has been dedicated to providing a high standard of hairdressing program which ensure a life-long career in the dynamic beauty career. Our hairdressing diploma program covers the following topics : basic science of hair, hair cutting, permanent wave and color, up-do, Japanese Straightening, professional development , salon business, design and product knowledge.
If you have the passion for being creative and showing your skills, we urge you to dedicate yourself to enrol in our program. You will find it to be an energetic and artistic field – where you can find joy in making your clients feel beautiful both inside and out. Every day is a new day full of passion and creativity. Let’s ignite the passion within together!
Our campus is approximately 2,000 square feet and is located on 568 West Broadway (West of Cambie), just a minute’s walk from Vancouver City Hall and Skytrain Broadway station and 15 minutes from the Downtown core. Our newly renovated campus provides a fantastic training environment equipped with a fully furnished salon simulation environment.
Ray Hair Arts Academy is an accredited post-secondary education institute. This accreditation is issued by the Private Careers Training Institute Agency of British Columbia (PCTIA). We are pleased to be one of the first hairdressing training centres to be awarded Accreditation status. This is our commitment to providing you the very best education possible.
Student Visa Information
More and more students come to study in Canada every year to learn English or other specific techniques. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our academy.
Visit the links below to learn more about the application process. We hope you could get your visa smoothly and come to stunning Vancouver as soon as possible.
- Applicant must be 19 years of age or older
- Possess a BC grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in English/other language writing and reading
- Good Hand and finger coordination
- Good acuity and color vision to see and read colors correctly
- Be physically capabable of standing and sitting for extended period of time
- Successful interview with school official
* We have different instructors speaking in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indian and Vietnamese; we also offer free professional English training courses to assist you in study and life.
- Request an online application form.
- You will also need to submit the following documents via email or fax as required.
- Photo ID clearly bearing the student’s date of birth.
- High school transcripts or other proof of high school graduation if student is under the age of 19.
- A certificate of health signed by a qualified physician.
- The academy will contact with you for a personal interview or a phone interview.
- If your registration is approved, a non-refundable registration fee CAD$200 and tuition deposit is required to secure your seat. Please refer to the International payment plans.
- Once your enrolment is successful, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance for funding or Immigration purpose.
- You could start to arrange any necessary Student Visas, BC Medical Insurance, Housing and Financial needs. Anything we could help, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Once everything is ready for you to kick off, we will figure out a special training plan for you including all fashion hairstyles and techniques, knowledge and strategies concerning this passionate industry.
If you need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Principal Gina at +001.604.763.2819 or the school administration at +001.604.325.9547.